Friday, January 20, 2012

Of Health and Words



'Every human being is the author of his own health or disease.'~Buddha


Dear Friends,

This week has been all about getting used to different ways of doing, being… As it happens, I caught a nasty cold, followed by high temperature and snifflesL!

It was hard for me not being able to go about my usual ways. Running and tennis were out of the question, yoga was performed in its lighter version - that of breathing and meditation.

And suddenly, amid the sniffles and copious cups of tea, I realized I was enjoying this calm, light way of being, different from my usual high-speed multitasking way! It was my body’s way of telling me to slow down, to take it easy…Stuff I know, and yet, easily forget…

I am grateful for this reminder, albeit harsh, to be kind to my body, and to listen to it, be aware of the signals my unconscious is sending to me and acknowledge them and use them.

We all know that a good healthy communication is vital, and this week, I was reminded that a healthy body requires a healthy inner communication.

And so, this week I started a new ritual – that of asking my body what it wants, instead of overloading it with a heavy, back to back schedule. I ask and I listen…Few times a day! What I got back is phenomenal!

Here’s to a healthy weekend!

Sending you oceans of love,
Lidija
© Copyright Momentum Strategies 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment